The company «SpecPozhTech» produces unique heat-shields «Sogda», which have no analogues in the world. In case of fires, heat-shields ensure protection of personnel as well as equipment from thermal exposure, they withstand temperatures of 1200°C and can reduce the heat flow for 50 times.
«Sogda» heat-shields' know-how is protected by several patents in Russia and abroad, including the European patent No.1181955 dd. 29.09.2004.
«SpecPozhTech» created fundamentally new type of fire barriers construction which provides the fire safety of industrial facilities (Russian patent 2506103 dd. February 10, 2014).
Fire barriers allow localization of flame with temperature up to 1800°C, withstand the heat fluxes above 220 kW/m2 and reduce heat flux levels more than 50 times.
Barriers have been tested to protect a number of industrial facilities for liquefaction, storage and use of liquefied natural gas (LNG), as well as for fire protection of tanks for petroleum derivative with capacity up to 20,000 m3.
The uniqueness of the construction:
- In normal mode fenced area is ventilated through the mesh surface, and as result this prevents accumulation of gas up to an explosive concentration;
- In case of accidental gas leak construction is fed by water, which creates a film on the mesh making an impermeable wall for gas cloud. As a result, this cloud floats only up and dissipates to a safe concentration;
- The explosion of evaporating gas inside the fence doesn't cause a destruction of the construction but only destroys liquid film on the mesh. At the same time the films are formed on the mesh surfaces due to spraying of water;
- In case of an explosion of gas inside the construction mesh fence prevents the spread of fire. Without air intake due to water films on the mesh surface self-extinguishing is provided;
- In case of fire outside of the construction, mesh surfaces protect industrial objects from external heat flux levels and prevent dangerous overheating.