The fully encapsulating GTL is a Type 1A - ET limited life gas tight suit designed to protect the emergency responder against toxic, corrosive gases, liquids and solid chemicals.
The GTL suit is manufactured in Chemprotex™ 400, the latest Respirex material, which is a high performance chemical barrier, multi-layer nonwoven fabric, in a high visibility yellow colour. This suit represents the latest in Gas Suit protection and is lighter in weight than suits currently available.
- Fully encapsulating design to allow breathing apparatus to be worn inside the suit
- Heavy duty 122cm (48") long gas tight zip, fitted to the right hand side of the suit - flap with a Velcro closure fitted to cover the teeth of the zip
- Adjustable internal support belt and bat-wing sleeves for optimal wearer comfort
- Flexible, multi-laminated, anti-mist visor giving clear undistorted vision
- Seams welded and taped for maximum performance
- Chemically protective laminated glove welded to the suit material with an elasticated over sleeve to prevent splash entering the supplied neoprene outer gloves
- Integral socks with outer splash guards
- Tested to EN464 prior to despatch for leak-tightness
The Respirex GTL gas-tight suit can be used the PermaSURE toxicity modelling app, allowing emergency responders to quickly establish the maximum safe working time with a given chemical based on real world conditions.